Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Welcome!



 
 
BoJean's Creations
Bonnie J. House

 

 
 
 
 
 
I want to welcome you to my brand new blog. I enjoy doing crafts and so I decided that I would like to share what I do with all of you.
 
 
My newest craft is called Zentangle and I have as my logo my newest one that I have made. There are many books out now on this subject and if you enjoy looking at and doing abstract art this is the craft to go with. Just look up Zentangle on your computer and you will come up with many sites you can go to. One that I have is Life Imitates Doodles and there is a section just for Zentangle.
 
All you need to do Zentangles is make up a 31/2 x 31/2 inch piece of paper. Cardstock, or any kind of heavy paper is best, but can use anything. A pencil and a pen. If you want to really get into it a special pen size 01 for thin lines and size 005 for wider lines are good ones to start out with these are pens especially for drawing.  Using a regular pen is fine.
 
That's It!
That is all you need.
 
To Start
I use the back of an old disc case and tape my paper onto this. It makes a nice surface to work on and my paper doesn't move around. Then I take my pencil and draw a border of some kind. But I do it very lightly. Can erase at the end. Then I take my pen and start at the left-hand top corner and start drawing. The fun of this craft is that you can make lines, circles, leave shapes, all kinds of things that you want to draw. You can fill in the design or make them all black or can leave your space plain white. If you want you can leave some white.
 
It is great fun and it very relaxing. Once your tangle is done you sign your name on the front and the date. Then you can share them with your friends.
 
I will be posting more and would love to hear from you if you are new to Zentangles or if you have been doing it for awhile.
 
 
So Hope You Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment